How to Set a Proxy Server or a Gateway for a Wi-Fi connection
proxy is a server that acts as an intermediary between a protected Local Area Network (firewall) and the Internet
If you use a wireless Internet card to connect to a Wi-Fi network in your small business and have enough bandwidth, you can share it with other computers.
A good proxy server keeps users and the internal network protected from the bad stuff that lives out in the wild internet.
The computer with the Wi-Fi connection acts like a proxy server, or gateway, through which the other computers connect to the Internet. All you have to do is use ICS -- Internet Connection Sharing -- a service that is native to the Windows 7 operating system.
1. Click the Start button and select "Control Panel" from the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
2. Click the "Network and Internet" link to navigate to the Network and Internet section.
3. Click the "Network and Sharing Center" link.
4. Click the "Change adapter settings" link in the left pane to view your network connections.
5. Right-click the Wi-Fi connection and select "Properties" from the context menu to open the Connection Properties window.
6. Click the "Sharing" tab at the top of the window to switch to it.
In case you don't understand you can try this
- Show Advanced Options.